McCormick & Company, Inc. Old Bay Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes
Official Rules (Amended 7/1/2021)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside Maryland, Virginia, and Delaware, and the District of Columbia. Sweepstakes begins on Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 12:01 a.m Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Monday, August 2, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entrants will be able to enter for prizes online at OldBayCrabHunt.com with or without a QR code from various participating locations promoted via the Old Bay Twitter account, and/or from various Restaurant Week Baltimore locations during the Sweepstakes Period (each method, an “Entry Period”) and one Entrant will win the Grand Prize. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or third-party owner(s) of any participating location.
1. ELIGIBILITY: McCormick & Company’s “Old Bay Scavenger Hunt” Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to all legal residents of the states of Maryland, Virginia, and Delaware, and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the time of entry and who have Internet access prior to the Sweepstakes start date and thereafter throughout the Sweepstakes Period. This Sweepstakes is void in all other U.S. states, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by McCormick & Company, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and administered by Kaleidoscope Promotions Interactive, Ltd. (the “Sweepstakes Administrator”)(together, the “Sweepstakes Entities”). Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives of Sponsor, Sweepstakes Administrator, and their legal, promotion and advertising agencies, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and/or any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, sponsorship or administration of the Sweepstakes, and their immediate family members (e.g., spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, grandparent, in-law, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) and persons living in the same household (whether or not related), and each person or entity connected with the production or administration of the Sweepstakes, and each parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent and representative of any aforementioned entity are not eligible to enter. Sponsor shall have the right to determine eligibility in its sole discretion. Sweepstakes is subject to these official rules, which can be found at OldBayCrabHunt.com. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
Sponsor: McCormick & Company, Inc., 24 Schilling Road, Suite 1, Hunt Valley, MD 21013
Administrator: Kaleidoscope Promotions Interactive, Ltd., 7 Switchbud Place, Suite 192-305, The Woodlands, TX 77380
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes. An active, personal Twitter account and a mobile device are recommended, but not required, to enter. Go to twitter.com for instructions on how to sign up for a free account.
a. GAMEPLAY: There will be two (2) Entry Periods for the Sweepstakes, with start and end dates and times, prizes, and drawing dates as follows:
Location Entry Period Prize to be Awarded Drawing Date Online Wed., July 14 at 12:01 a.m. ET – Mon., August 2, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET Old Bay Slip ‘N Slide, Old Bay Soft Cooler, or Old Bay Prize Pack #1 (as determined by Sponsor in accordance with the prize quantities listed below) Wed, Aug. 4, 2021 Restaurant Week Fri, July 23 at 12:01 a.m. ET – Sun. August 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET Old Bay Prize Pack #2, #3 or #4 (as determined by Sponsor in accordance with the prize quantities listed below) Wed, Aug. 4, 2021
Visit OldBayCrabHunt.com anytime throughout the Sweepstakes Period, or visit Restaurant Week Baltimore participating restaurants during the “Restaurant Week” Entry Period to scan the posted QR code with your mobile phone. You may also scan the posted QR code from various participating locations in the Baltimore area throughout the Sweepstakes Period as promoted through the Old Bay Twitter Account, and follow the online prompts to enter for the “Online” Entry Period. Then, follow the on-screen prompts to play the game and enter the sweepstakes for one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for that Entry Period and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize drawing. Note, a Twitter account is not necessary to enter or to win the Sweepstakes. Visitors to each location who did not see the clue issued on Twitter are equally eligible to enter and to win the Sweepstakes.
b. ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: Send an email with your name, address, city, state, zip code, daytime phone, and optionally, the participating location you visited, to OldBaySweeps@kpicentral.com. If entering the sweepstakes through the alternative method of entry you will be entered for all prizes available on that date in addition to the grand prize.
Regardless of method of entry, all submitted information shall be referred to herein as your “Sweepstakes Entry” or collectively as “Sweepstakes Entries.” Sweepstakes Entries may be submitted beginning on Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. ET and must be completed no later than August 2, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET, according to Sponsor’s electronic time stamp. All Sweepstakes Entries that are complete and otherwise meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules will be entered in the appropriate Entry Period’s drawing based on the time submitted, as well as the Grand Prize drawing. Entries that fall outside an Entry Period but within the Sweepstakes Period will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing only. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
LIMIT: ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER DAY. Additional entries from the same person/email account will be deemed ineligible. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s plays and/or entries, and that entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor and/or the Administrator or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. You must complete all required information to be eligible to enter. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
NO SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED AND, IN FACT, MAY BE DESTROYED. ANY SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF) THAT DOES NOT CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS DESCRIBED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL BE DEEMED INELIGIBLE.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: For each Entry Period, potential winners will be selected from among the eligible entries received, in accordance with the schedule set forth in subsection 3(a). There will be fifty-five (55) winners for the Online Entry Period and twenty-six (26) winners for the Restaurant Week Entry Period, as designated below, and one (1) Grand Prize winner selection.
The potential Grand Prize winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected on or about August 4, 2021, from among all eligible entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period. Each random drawing will be conducted by Sweepstakes Administrator using randomization methods selected in its sole discretion, and the decisions of Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator are final and binding.
The odds of winning any Entry Period prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the total number of entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sweepstakes Administrator will endeavor to notify each Entry Period Prize winner and the Grand Prize winner by email. Entry Period Prize winners will be notified of the specific Entry Period Prize they have won and notified of its shipping date to the verified address submitted at the time of registration. Grand Prize winner must follow Sponsor-issued instructions to complete and return all required paperwork in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules in order to be eligible to receive the prize. In the event of Sponsor's inability to contact any potential winner, the winner may be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected instead. Should any potential winner be unwilling or otherwise unable to agree to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, or otherwise unable to accept or receive the prize for any reason, an alternate potential winner will be chosen from among the remaining eligible entries until a Sweepstakes entrant who meets all requirements can be selected.
Except where legally prohibited, Grand Prize Winner shall be required to complete, sign and have notarized an affidavit of eligibility, tax acknowledgment forms, liability release and publicity release (the “Winner Documents”) and return within five (5) days of receipt. If (i) any prize is returned as undeliverable, (ii) Winner declines his or her prize, (iii) Winner fails to provide complete entry information and/or timely reply to and/or return all required Winner Documents within the designated time period, or (iv) Winner fails to comply with any of the Official Rules and Regulations as outlined herein, such Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing at the Sponsor’s discretion. In the event more winner notifications are issued, or more winning prize claims are received, than the number of prizes set forth in these rules due to computer, printing, seeding, human or other error or problem, a random drawing will take place from among all eligible prize claims for the prize(s) at issue to award the proper number of prizes as set forth in these rules. If Sponsor and/or Administrator are unable to determine and verify a potential winner after repeated alternate drawings or if Sponsor and/or Administrator fail to receive a sufficient number of entries to correspond to the number of prize(s) available to be awarded, Sponsor reserves the right not to award all the prize(s). Once a potential winner has returned all required paperwork, said entrant shall be an official winner and therefore eligible to receive the Prize. No more than the stated number of prizes per these Official Rules and Regulations will be awarded. In the event of cancellation, the prize will be awarded from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. False or deceptive entries or acts will render a participant ineligible. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Once a potential winner has returned all required paperwork, said entrant shall be an official winner and therefore eligible to receive the Prize.
Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize and Four Hundred Forty (440) Weekly Prizes are available.span>
ENTRY PERIOD PRIZES::
Location Prize Description Quantity Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) Total ARV: All Prizes Awarded Online One (1) Old Bay Slip ‘N Slide 5 $100.00 $500.00 Online One (1) Old Bay Soft Cooler 10 $37.50 $375.00 Online One (1) Old Bay Prize Pack #1, including one (1) Old Bay Tie Dye Tote Bag, one (1) Old Bay Tumbler, and one (1) Old Bay Can Koozie 40 $60.00 $2,400.00 Restaurant Week One (1) Old Bay Prize Pack #2, including one (1) Old Bay Soft Side Cooler and one (1) Old Bay Bottle Koozie 10 $47.50 $475.00 Restaurant Week One (1) Old Bay Prize Pack #3, including one (1) Old Bay Soft Side Cooler and one (1) Nalley Fresh Gift Card 7 $47.25 $330.75 Restaurant Week One (1) Old Bay Prize Pack #4, including one (1) Old Bay Soft Side Cooler and one (1) Old Bay Tie Dye Tote Bag 9 $62.50 $562.50 TOTAL VALUE OF LOCATION PRIZES TO BE AWARDED $4,643.25
GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Old Bay Electric Scooter and Helmet. ARV of the Grand Prize is One Thousand Six Hundred Dollars ($1,600.00 USD).
ARV OF ALL PRIZES TO BE AWARDED: Six Thousand Two Hundred Forty-Three Dollars and Twenty-Five Cents ($6,243.25 USD).
PRIZE CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) prize per person and per household per Entry Period. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, stolen or mutilated prizes or components of a prize(s). Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a technical or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected at random from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available. Any stated difference between the approximate value and actual value of the Prize or any substituted prize will not be awarded. Winner is responsible for the reporting and payment of all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any. Winners may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize.
Winner of Old Bay Electric Scooter will be solely responsible for all title, license and registration fees, any additional equipment or accessories not specified above, insurance, gasoline, vehicle maintenance and all other fees and expenses associated with the receipt and use of the prize. Prize vehicle may differ from what is depicted in Sweepstakes advertising. Winner may be required to show proof of valid insurance and driver’s license prior to receipt of scooter. Winner must take delivery of scooter at a location and time of Sponsor’s choosing. Sponsor reserves the right to delay delivery or substitute a similar scooter of equal or greater value should the scooter as described be unavailable for any reason.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Maryland. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor, Administrator, and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor and/or Administrator. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
7. PUBLICITY; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES:
a. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, TWITTER, ETC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY, INCLUDING LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, EPIDEMIC, PANDEMIC, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
b. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE ENTRANT’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
c. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Maryland or the appropriate State Court located in Baltimore County, Maryland; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
10. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, available until August 9, 2021, visit https://www.OldBayCrabHunt.com. After August 9, 2021, request a copy of the Official Rules by sending a SASE to: Old Bay Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes: Rules, 7 Switchbud Place, Suite 192-305, The Woodlands, TX 77380. For a copy of the Winners List, send a SASE to: Old Bay Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes: Winners, 7 Switchbud Place, Suite 192-305, The Woodlands, TX 77380. Winners List will be available roughly three (3) weeks after the Sweepstakes end date.